Pages

Friday, March 10, 2017

Unique One Syllable Middle Names {Boys}

Yesterday I featured 10 unique one syllable girl middle names and today I am going to do the boys! Today is Middle Name Pride day and the inspiration behind the two blog posts. What is your middle name? What are your favorite middle names? I always love to hear people's full names and see how they flow.

I know a lot of people like one syllable middle names because a lot of times they flow good with the first name. Another aspect of naming that I have noticed over the years is people like unique names but don't feel they can use them as a name. I say that just because it doesn't work as the first name doesn't mean it can't work as the middle name! That is why I have a list of unique one syllable names that you can use below.



Ford- I have Ford in my top 10 but I have been noticing people using it in the middle name spot. It is great to use after the car company if your like cars.

Penn- Penn always makes me think of William Penn but that could be because I'm from Pennsylvania. I also like Penn in honor of a writer.

Holt- Holt is a Southern name and a word name. It has a sound to it that is unique and different.

West- Kim Kardashian named her daughter North so why can't West be used? It sounds very southern and county in my mind.

Boone- I am starting to realize by looking at this list that a lot of the names are county feeling. Boone is no different. Its not a name you will hear around much.

Ames- James is a common middle name for boys so why not use Ames. Its a nice way to honor a James and has almost the same sound.

Rush- I am a huge fan of word names so its no surprise I like the name Rush. You can also make it a nature name to like the rush of water going by.

Twain- Mark Twain is a famous author out there. If there are parents who like literature or him as an author Twain would make a perfect middle name.

Creed- Creed is a religious name and one that isn't known immediately. A creed is a formal statement of Christian beliefs.

Kit- I adore the name Kit for a boy. The only thing is I could never use it as a first name unless I used it as a nickname but I can't find a full name I love. If you want to honor a Christopher or Christian I think this is a good way to do it.


 photo small blog signature_zpsmlvv5oyk.png

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ren,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your Ren's Baby Name Blog has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 40 Baby Name Blogs on the web.

    http://blog.feedspot.com/baby_names_blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 40 Baby Name Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

    Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

    Best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...