Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2018

2017 List Predictions {New to Top 100}

On Sunday I talked about names that I think/am predicting will make it onto the top 1000 list for the 2016 statistics. Today I am talking about names I predict will make it into the top 100. Last year when I did this list I did a very bad job. None of the boy names I listed made it into the top 100 and only 2 of the 4 of my girl names did. I am hoping this year I will do better but there is very little room for guessing wrong. Most years less than 10 names make it into the top 100 that were not in there the year before. Some of the names that I predicted would make it into the top 100 and didn't will be on this list again. 





Miles- Miles has always been in the top 1000 list since the very first year it came out in 1880 but it has never ranked in the top 100. In 2016 Miles was ranked at #105 making it the highest it has every ranked. Although the name only moved 3 spots from 2015 to 2016 I can still see the name moving t least 5 spots within the year. 

Harrison- Like Miles, Harrison is another name that has been in the top 1000 since 1880 and has never been in the top 100. Unlike Miles though, Harrison jumped 13 spots from 2015 to 2016 and currently ranks at #107. I can see the appeal in the name Harrison because it is similar to Harry and Henry while offering a longer name option. 

Declan- I had Declan on my list before the 2016 ranks came out. The name missed the top 100 by 9 spots ranking at #109. In 1998, Declan ranked for the first time in the top 1000 at #712. In just 10 years the name made itself into the top 500 at #346 and has grown since then. Declan has a lot of appeal to families that want a unique name without going so far off the charts. 

Everett- Everett jumped 22 spots from 2015 to 2016 and is now ranked at #114. Thats the biggest jump out of the boy names on my list. One thing I have noticed is that boy names move a little slower than girl names. At one point in time Everett was ranked in the top 100 from the 1900s to the early 1920s. With that time frame coming back around I wouldn't be surprised to see Everett in the top 100 in 2017. 

Jameson- Jameson, like Declan, is another name I had on my list from last year. In 2016 the name ranked at #128, so a little farther down on the list. It did jump 16 spots in on year. Jameson would make a great alternative to James making me thinking it may make it into the top 100. 





Emilia- Emilia missed the top 100 by just 2 spots but from 2015 to 2016 it jumped 43 spots. I am adding this name to the list not only because of the decent sized jump in numbers but because Emilia is very similar to Amelia as well as Elena and Eliana. Elena and Eliana both made it into the top 100 last year.

Everly- I had Everly on my list last year but it didn't make it into the top 100. Like Emilia it had another nice sized jump of 31 spots to #107. E names seem to be a favorite for girls. And if the amount of times I have heard the name Everly in the last year means anything than the name will rank in the top #100. 

Valentina- In 2016, Valentina ranked at #106 just below Everly. The appeal I see in Valentina is the romantic, grand vibe. You can't see the name Valentina without thinking of a beautiful tough girl. The name only jumped 8 spots from 2015 to 2016, the smallest jump on my girl list. 

Josephine- I am surprised Josephine is not on the top 100 list! It is so close to being a classic and was once ranked in the top 50 int he early 1900s. From 2015 to 2016 Josephine jumped 17 to #114. Will Josephine jump at least 14 spots this year?

Ivy- Ivy is another name I had on my list last year that didn't make it into the top 100. Although the name has been on the list since the 1900s it has never ranked in the top 100. It has a vintage feel to it but isn't overly old lady chic. 

I am really interesting to see how all these names do when the new list comes out. I hope this year I am better than last year! 

 photo small blog signature_zpsmlvv5oyk.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...